Low Carb Cauliflower Hummus
Enjoy this low carb cauliflower hummus as a simple alternative to your classic hummus favorite. It’s a great addition to your dipping desires (all those fresh carrots and celery!), and makes a great topping to greek chicken and fish meals.
- 1 large head organic cauliflower (approx. 5 cups florets)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided (or avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp water or more for desired consistency
- juice from 1 organic lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp iodized sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- pinch of ground coriander
- pepper to taste
- garnish with olive oil sunflower seeds and chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Remove the florets from the head of cauliflower and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or avocado oil) and toss to combine. Place the baking tray in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor (or Vitamix). Add the tahini, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, water, lemon juice, garlic clove, salt, cumin and coriander. Add pepper to taste. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with sunflower seeds and chopped parsley.
If your cauliflower hummus is a bit thick, just add more water (a teaspoon at a time) until it’s your desired level of creaminess.
**Recipe sourced directly from https://downshiftology.com/recipes/cauliflower-hummus/