ESSENTIAL OILS ROCK!! (and yes, I'm shouting). I’m sure this isn’t coming as a surprise to some advanced “oilers” but for me, a basic oil rookie, I can’t say this enough. Essential oils are literally natures cure for everything and anything. I want to buy them all!
But starting out can be confusing, as can what in the heck to do with them. I thought I had to diffuse oils in my house 24/7 but quickly learned that there are three application methods:
- Aromatic (aka diffuse)
- Topical (aka skin worthy); and
- Internal (yup, digest ‘em)
These have been a critical element to my healing journey, after deeply discovering so many of their thousands and thousands of benefits.
I started with skin care first.
Needing a way to get me through well water woes (I know several of you can relate!) as well as severely dry skin from my medication. I consulted with a dear friend and essential oil “queen” from La Bella Una (**side note – Follow her on Instagram), and she pointed me to my, now beloved, Frankincense.
Frankincense – is a gift that keeps on giving! It helps moisturize and reduce the appearance of blemishes and rejuvenate skin. It also helps nail beds and cuticles. And can be ingested to support healthy immune, digestive and respiratory functions (although I haven’t tried this yet). You can also diffuse it to help uplift emotions and provide a feeling of peace. I literally can’t live without this now!
Here is how I use it today:
- Face Moisturizer - Apply 2 drops to organic fractionated coconut oil. I slather all over my face, neck, arms and legs. I prefer the pump style of this particular oil too for easier logistics personally. I do this every morning out of the shower and every night after I was my face. My skin is glowing.
- DIY Pump Hand Soap – there are so many toxic chemicals in store bought hand soaps so I started experimenting with my own. I found this recipe on Pinterest and it smells amazing. Best news is that you only need about 5 drops of Frakincense (and 5 drops of Lavender) to get a fantastic smelling soap.
- Diffuse – I use a stone diffuser in the kitchen to help promote those feelings of peace and wellness, particularly in the evening after a long day for the family.
Again, the uses and benefits of essential oils are endless. So much that I can’t help but continue to share my own personal experiences. I encourage you start diving in and experimenting and then please share your own uses and recipes on our Facebook Group Page.
*image sourced directly from here