Health Hack #71: Benefits of Dry Brushing
There’s a simple way to get full body health in less than 5 minutes a day. Dry brushing!
This head-to-toe, at home regime can:
- Stimulate your lymphatic system
- Rid the body of toxins
- Boost overall immunity
- Increase circulation and overall energy
- Plus the added bonus of skin exfoliation and may even help break down cellulite
So how does it work?
There are many schools of thought on where to start and how to do this. Here’s my favorite –
Dry brushing should be done with a natural bristle body brush or a nylon bristle brush before your bath or shower
- Starting at your feet, brush using wide, circular motions.
- Apply slightly harder pressure to soles of the feet and other thicker-skinned areas and lighter pressure to thinner-skinned areas
- Work your way up your legs, front and back, to your torso, back and hips. Always brushing TOWARDS your heart.
- Include your hands, arms and shoulders and keep circular brushing towards your heart.
- From your neck and head, you will begin to brush down towards your heart. You can include your hair and scalp if feasible but always be gentle near these areas and do avoid your face. There are separate, softer brushes for this.
- Then hop in the shower to help remove the dead, dry skin. That’s it! Takes less than 5 minutes.
Remember to avoid any sensitive areas and anywhere there is broken skin (i.e. rashes, wounds, etc.).
Dry brushes are available at health food stores or online. Enjoy!
*some information sourced from Healthline