If you’re like me, I still need a little ‘crunch’ in my life. And while oats have their place in a healthy lifestyle they, too, can be full of pesticides, carcinogens and lectins. I find mixing it up is best and so off I went on a quest for a simple and tasty gluten-free granola recipe.
Here is the recipe courtesy of Heart of a Baker.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yields 2 cups of completed granola
* I halved the original recipe because I didn’t want that much granola in my life at one time. You can simply double everything to get the full batch.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked millet *I buy organic millet at Wegmans in the Bulk Food aisle. You can also purchase this on Amazon - Anthony's Organic Hulled Millet
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 cup ground flax seed
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a rimmed cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mixture evenly across the cookie sheet, making a thin layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, checking every 15 minutes to see if mixture is crunchy enough. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, if needed.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature. I like to use a mason jar (and add a label for easy access in the pantry).
*Recipe directly sourced from: https://heartofabaker.com/toasted-millet-pecan-granola-gluten-free/print/8295/