Enjoy these lectin-free apple walnut muffins as a breakfast go-to or a healthy snack. They are gluten-free, keto friendly and best of all lectin-free. You can make ahead too so eating one at a time is enjoyable and easy. Plus kids will love them. Drizzle with maple syrup or honey to top them off for an extra treat. Yum!
2 1/2 cups organic almond flour (can substitute cassava flour or tigernut flour)
1/2 cup monkfruit sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground organic cinnamon
1/8 cup avocado oil
4 cage-free, organic eggs (or 2 duck eggs)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite plant-based milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 small organic apples, approx. 4 ounces, peeled, seeded, and diced (Granny Smith, Cortland, Macintosh, Fuji, or Gala apples)
3 Tablespoons chopped organic walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Prepare a muffin pan by lining it with muffin papers.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, monkfruit sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract. Whisk in avocado oil
- Pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir together. Fold in diced apple.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.
- Top each muffin with chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes in the pan. Remove from pan and continue to cool on cooling rack.
Store in refrigerator after 2 days to keep fresh for up to 5 days.
*image directly sourced from here