Your liver plays a huge role in detoxifying your entire body. Literally everything that you put into your body, your liver filters. That includes what you consume, breathe in or rub on your skin. Just think about that….
Your liver is working hard even when you don’t realize it. So loving on your liver is something each of us should do daily. And I don’t just mean passively thinking about eating a blueberry or two, I mean actually pausing to show that organ some real love.
Here are some easy ways to Show Your Liver Some Love
Feed it! Food that treats the liver kindly is the best way to show your liver you’re paying attention and keeping things easy and light for all of you. Here are some liver-favorites:
- Artichokes – boost the liver’s detox pathways and reduce liver damage, also high in inulin, which stimulates the immune system.
- Green Tea – high in catechins, antioxidants that improve blood markers of liver health and boost liver enzyme levels.
- Broccoli Sprouts – rich in sulforaphane that boost detoxification and protect the liver from damage, and reduces oxidative stress.
- Grapefruit – high in nargingin, an antioxidant that reduces liver inflammation and helps the liver metabolize alcohol and minimize it’s damaging effects.
- Blueberries – contain high levels of anthocyanins, an antioxidants that reduces inflammation and protects the liver from oxidative stress.
- Beetroot Juice – activates liver enzymes and increases bile, which helps the livers natural detox function.
- Coffee – another high-five for coffee! It protects against fatty liver disease and reduces inflammation.
Tell it “Thank You’ – actually, audibly outloud, just rub on it a little and say thank you. Before a meal, after, just before bed – it doesn’t matter. Just give a little shout out to your filtering friend.
Apply some essential oils – so many have a great benefit to your liver. The best is topical application to skin just above the liver. Perhaps not a daily thing but perhaps whenever your called to show some extra love to your Liver – upset tummy, too much wine, or just feeling bloated. My favorite is JuvaCleanse or JuvaFlex
Some content sourced from - https://www.marigoldbars.com/7-foods-to-protect-your-liver/
Image sourced from Shutterfly