Fear and panic will not help us in this situation. However preparation and education will. The CDC is an excellent starting point for the official stance on health and well-being.
In addition, however, our natural providers are also doing their part to share effective and healthy approaches to prevention and overall immunity health.
Here are a few tips to pass along from my own naturopath doctor from this week
For Basic Prevention
- Vitamin C 2000mg twice daily
- Consume pre-prescribed anti-virals (tincture, supplements, herbs) *ps if you don't know what these or want more info, let me know!
- Herbal teas 1-3 cups per day (EX: Licorice, Elderberry, Panax ginseng) *I also love Rose Hip Tea for it's vitamin C punch and highly recommend the taste!
- Selenium up to 200mcg one per day *you can get this from 2-3 Brazil Nuts per day!
- Zinc up to 30mg one per day (supplement, lozenges, etc) *sometimes this is combined in a multi or vitamin C lozenge too!
- Hydration, proper sleep and rest!
- Stress management (meditation, walking, hot bath, etc)
- Other: pro-biotics, Vitamin D [greater than 2000 ICU daily + natural sunlight 15 min per day]
KEEP THESE IN your house:
The reason for mortality (death) from most flu's is pneumonia and this is true for the Corona virus. These are not a substitute for appropriate care however something you have in your house that could prove helpful.
- Carrots - can be used as a poultice to help remove fluid from the lungs.
- Garlic - it's both antibacterial & antiviral. Consume multiple times per day. *I also say consider a garlic + apple cider vinegar + oregano oil shot for a real wake me up / immune booster. It does burn a little, haha
AVOID: any sugar or processed foods & alcohol - all deplete the immune system
- Should be used once you have contracted the virus.
- It appears that these are proving effective with Coronavirus however more data is being collected: Bryonia 30C/200C, Gelsemium 30C/200C, Eupatorium 30C/200C.