"Open sesame..." as the saying goes. and you'll want to with this super simple, tasty treat. What I love most about this is that it's packed with health benefits from each ingredient!
Tahini is made from sesame seeds and delivers more than your recommended daily needs of Calcium (10%), Iron (15%) and essential B-vitamins. Particularly if you're vegan or scaling back on animal proteins, these are critical nutrients to maintain overall health. Sesame seeds can also lower blood pressure, support bone health, reduce inflammation & support your immune system. Everything we need right about now! Read more Benefits of Sesame Seeds here.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes plus 1-hour to freeze
1 cup tahini [Amazon is your best bet now, or any organic grocery store during your next food run]
3/4 Medjool dates, pitted [I bought in bulk from Amazon because I use these in so many things. You can find a smaller bag at the grocery store, usually in the baking aisle or organic aisle]
1/2 cup organic pistachios, chopped
- Prepare a small 8 x 8 pan or loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- If your dates are dry, soak them in hot water, then drain and rinse before adding to the recipe. Don't forget to pit them too!
- Add the runny tahini and dates to a high speed blender and pulse until thick and well combined.
- Press the mixture into the parchment covered pan and top with chopped pistachos.
- Freeze for at least one hour, until set.
- Remove pan from the freezer and slice into squares. Serve immediately!
- Store leftover halva in the freezer until ready to serve.
*Recipe and photo directly sourced from FloraandVino.com