Let’s face it, COVID is putting a magnifying class on lung health and overall immunity. This is ironically right up my alley, as I’ve been addressing both for the last 8+ months. And with much success.
A few, easy and simple tips below to help you address mind, body and spirit healing during these unpredictable times.
Did you know that trees omit a special oxygen just before sunrise and that’s how the birds know how to sing? It’s been proven that the fresh morning air, delivers all sorts of advantageous benefits to our lungs, health and overall immunity. However, often we miss this because our windows and doors are shut at this waking hour.
Do yourself a favor and try to open your window just a crack tonight. Let the fresh air in and wake you up in the morning. Even in the coldest of climates, this is tolerable and ideal!
- It helps your immune system to fight off disease more effectively due to healthier white blood cells. It also supplies your immune system with the oxygen it needs to kill and destroy bacteria, viruses and germs. Breathing in stale air will not supply your body with enough oxygen to keep your cells fueled and functioning properly.
- Breathing that fresh air in and out not only feels great, it’s benefiting your lungs. It helps the airways of your lungs to dilate more fully and improves the cleansing action of your lungs.
- ou’re breathing in more oxygen when you’re out in the fresh air. When your brain gets more oxygen, it’s going to be able to function more efficiently. It brings greater clarity and improved concentration.
Guided Pranayama breathing
Again, so many options available now so definitely follow your own self-discovery. I really like this one because it’s less than 15 minutes, includes basic breathing, and mindfulness meditation.
Self-care is important, and so is carving out even 15 minutes each day to take a break from parent, spouse, employee, etc. duties.
Essential oil drops in the shower
if baths aren’t an option right now as you juggle many roles adjusting this week, I’m hoping you’re at least showering. LOL. There are numerous essential oils you can drop right onto your shower floor and reap the benefits from.
Apply them to a diffuser bead bracelet too and use them to keep you grounded throughout the day!
Keeping yourself grounded and centered doesn’t have to take up a lot of time or get super complicated. When stress rises or anxiety heightens, be kind to yourself. Feel the emotion, acknowledge it, and let it go.
Repeat often and as needed the “other side” of anxiety, according to Louise Hays, which is:
“I love and approve of myself and I trust the process of life. I am safe”
There are so many benefits to moving your body during this time. The immense generosity of so many organizations has opened up endless, free resources. Here are a few favorites:
- Les Mills OnDemand – open access is available now to over 100+ at-home workouts
- Follow Brick Bodiesand Lynne Brick's on Facebook to get a "live" class at 9:30am and 5pm daily starting Monday, March 23rd. We’ll have your favorite instructors streaming you live workouts, plus daily tips and workouts from our Personal Training team.
- Yoga with Adrienne – also includes meditations and she’s light-hearted and easy to follow!
Just remember to start small, be kind to yourself and loving of others as you stay focused, grounded and light during these unpredictable times. We can do this! Xo
*image directly sourced from here