Millet makes an excellent sub-in for oats and becomes a shining star in this Lectin free muesli breakfast cereal recipe. I used some inspiration from the Plant Paradox cookbook and gave it my own little twist. Enjoy this healthy breakfast swap that you can also make ahead and reheat in the morning with a little splash of plant milk. Plus you can make it in the Instant Pot. Yum!
- 1 cup uncooked millet
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves (or 1 drop Clove essential oil)
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp iodized sea salt
- ½ cup minced dried figs (optional)
- ½ cup chopped toasted nuts (pecan, walnut, almonds)
- Add all ingredients (except the nuts) to the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook for 11 minutes. Then allow pressure to manually release.
- Remove lid and stir in toasted nuts.
Eat and enjoy!
Store leftovers in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Heat to re-serve along with a splash of plant milk.