This immunity booster is a simple way to kick start your day.
Lemons deliver a powerful punch of vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium – all three are important for warding off illness.
Lemons can also:
- Natural cleanse the liver – buh-bye toxins!
- Aid in digestion – a flush for your GI tract plus a little re-hydration to go along
- Help clear skin – vitamin C helps with collagen and the flushing of the liver and digestive tract, lead to a clearer complexion.
- Boost your metabolism – lemons contain a pectin (a fiber found in fruits) that can help you feel fuller longer.
Ready to give it a try?
- Squeeze ½ fresh lemon juice into 8 oz of water, to start. Some say repeat up to consume up to 20 oz but that’s a lot of water to guzzle when you first wake up!
- Try doing this before you brush your teeth!
- Bring an empty mug to bed with you the night before - just simply to serve as a visual reminder. I do this and I NEVER forget my staple lemon go-to, even when I’m tired or in a rush.
*image and info directly sourced from: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-lemon-health-benefits and https://www.marinweightloss.com/blog/why-we-drink-warm-lemon-water-in-the-mornings-to-boost-our-metabolism