Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time (total): 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup organic coconut aminos (a healthy substitute for soy sauce!)
- 2 tbsp black cumin seed oil (optional)
- 1 lb organic, free range ground chicken (or turkey)
- 4 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 (8oz) package organic shittake mushrooms, sliced (you can substitute with alternative organic mushrooms too)
- 1 1/2 cups homemade chicken broth
- 1 cup organic carrots, diced
- 1 cups organic cabbage, diced
- 1 bunch green onions or shallots, sliced
Add coconut aminos, black cumin seed oil, ground chicken, garlic, mushrooms and chicken broth to Instant Pot in that order. Cook on high pressure for 8-10 minutes. Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pre-heat and then the 8-10 minutes to cook. When complete, press cancel and do a quick release of the steam, waiting until the pressure gauge drops back down and the lid is safe to open.
Stir in carrots and cabbage, stirring well to combine. Replace lid and steam again on high pressure for another 8-10 minutes. Quick release steam and then open lid to stir in green onions.
Serve and enjoy warm! You can also enjoy over a bed of Skinny Pasta konjac noodles (or organic basmati rice for the non-keto followers out there)
*This also makes for great leftovers that can easily be heated up in the microwave the next day.