Self-care comes in all styles and let's face it, sometimes we need chocolate!!! What better than a healthy, grain-free, vegan style approach to getting your sweet tooth fix and a little mental release.
*Sourced directly from Cancer Free with Food and the talented Liana Werner-Gray
¼ cup cacao powder
1 cup nut meal (almonds or another nut, finely ground)
3 Tbsp. raw honey or maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Use hands to mold mixture into rectangular brownie shape, pressing against a flat surface to form straight edges.
- Eat brownies as is, or refrigerate before serving.
(Note: Brownies can be stored for up to 14 days in the fridge. They can also be frozen.)
- To enhance flavor, add ¼ tsp. each of pure vanilla extract and sea salt.
- For mint brownies, add a drop of mint essential oil.
- For chocolate chip brownies, add 2 Tbsp. cacao nibs.
- For coconut brownies, sprinkle on shredded coconut.
- For superfood brownies, add your favorite superfoods (such as goji berries, maca powder or greens powder).