Check out my latest Health Hack for all the reasons why cucumbers pack such a powerful punch. Rich in electrolytes, this fruit is nature’s detoxifier. Now put that cucumber into action with a unique side dish to your Asian meal. It’s cold, crisp and refreshing and it’s lectin-free, keto and paleo friendly!
Two, organic cucumbers [English preferred, can substitute 4-5 medium cucumbers instead]
One, organic medium carrot, grated
¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced [can also use one shallot, or ¼ cup yellow onion]
FOR THE SAUCE
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated [or one drop Ginger Essential oil]
2 TBSP coconut aminos
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp apple cider vinegar
1 TBSP Primal Kitchen No-Soy Sauce [optional]
- Prepare the cucumbers (skin and/or de-seed) and thinly slice.
- Peel the carrot and discard the top layer. Grate the remainder using a fine grater.
- Chop the onion and place the cucumbers, carrots and onion into a bowl.
- Separately mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Pour the sauce over the cucumber salad mix and serve immediately for best results.
- Top with optional sesame seeds if desired.
- Will store in the refrigerator just fine for a few days after you initially pour on the sauce.
*recipe and picture graciously sourced from https://realsimplegood.com/asian-cucumber-salad/