The wise old saying was “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away” but honestly, it should have been an avocado. My countless research and deep dives into health, wellness, mindset and so much more keep leading me back to this magical fruit – the avocado!
Here’s what I know about avocados
- One of the most nutrient fruits you can get, packed in essential vitamins and antioxidants
- Rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, and Vitamin B6
- Have a good amount of magnesium and more potassium than a banana
- Healthy source of Omega-6 fatty acids
And they have a slew of health benefits like:
- Anti-aging effect on the skin
- Brain health – and help restore the central nervous system, alleviate dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Supporting GI issues by helping to restore stomach and intestinal linings
- Anti-inflammatory aid – avocados have an aspirin like quality without thinning the blood
- Anti-radiation agents that can stop estrogen-related reproductive and colon cancers
Spiritually, avocados are all about nurturing. Ever notice the big, giant seed inside similarly looks like a baby in the womb? Avocados are literally the mother fruit.
It’s the closest food on the planet to breast milk and this means spiritually they are full of nurturing motherly love.
When we need to care for others – for example – through a tough time or to lend a helping hand, eating avocados helps us pass along this material energy. And when we’re the one that needs love, avocado is the ultimate comfort food.
Bring this amazing fruit into your life as a teacher of unconditional love, both toward yourself and toward others, and watch your capacity for compassion grow and flourish.
*Information graciously sourced from Medical Medium Life Changing Foods (p.56) https://amzn.to/38LUk5K