Instant Pot Maple Garlic Chicken
Looking for a one and done when it comes to dinner these days? Look no further.
And chances are you have all the ingredients already. I also added in some easy substitutes in case your cabinets are running bare during COVID times.
This dinner fix is quick, easy and paleo friendly, gluten-free and soy-free.
- 3-4 pieces of boneless skinless organic chicken [fresh or thawed, not frozen]
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup maple syrup [can sub in honey]
- 1 TBSP white vinegar [can sub in apple cider vinegar]
- 1 TSP sesame oil [can omit or sub in any plant-based oil like avocado]
- 1 TSP fresh ginger, grated [or 1 / 4 tsp ground ginger spice]
- 4 cloves garlic, minced [or 1/2 tsp garlic powder]
- 2 green onions, finely diced [can sub in 1 /4 red onion or 1 tsp onion powder if needed]
- Place chicken in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- In a bowl whisk together the coconut aminos, maple syrup, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and the red onions.
- Pour the sauce mixture on top of the chicken. Cook in the instant pot on the manual setting at high pressure for 22 minutes. [*alternatively, you can cook in the crockpot on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours]
- Manually release the Instant Pot. Once the pressure has released, remove the lid and shred the chicken with two forks.
Top with a little salt & pepper, a sprinkle of garlic powder and garnish with diced fresh parsley [if you have it handy]
Serve over your favorite non-grain side like basmati rice, cauliflower rice or sorghum. And add any veggie side or fresh salad.
*recipe inspiration from https://realsimplegood.com/instant-pot-honey-garlic-chicken/#wprm-recipe-container-13719 with adaptations by yours truly!